1. Categories of Personal Data, purposes of processing and legal basis on which PVH processes Personal Data
PVH may ask you to submit the following Personal Data when you wish to come into contact with us or place orders:
- Name (first- and last name)
- Phone number
- Email address
- Billing details
It is possible that you submit other personal data to PVH, for example in a question you ask PVH through the contact page or submit in the comment box with your order.
Purpose and legal basis
We will use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide access to and process your orders: Once we have created your account you’ll be able to submit orders through the website or via one of our other channels. This includes answering your queries on the phone, via post, via e-mail or online. This is part of the agreement we have concluded with you.
- To answer your questions and handle complaints: If you have submitted a question to us or have otherwise asked us to get into contact with you, we will use the personal data provided by you to handle your request or complaint. It is in our legitimate business interest to provide you with the best services;
- To send you marketing messages: if you have consented to receive such messages, we will use your Personal Data to send you direct marketing messages;
- To fulfil our legal obligations: for example our financial bookkeeping obligations.
2. Who has access to your Personal Data?
The Personal Data are processed exclusively by authorized employees of PVH and/or by external companies:
- Our employees may have access to the Personal Data. In such a case, access will be granted only if necessary for the purposes described above and only if the employee is bound by an obligation of confidentiality;
- We may share your Personal Data with an entity of PVH if this is necessary for the handling of your request;
- We may share your Personal Data with third parties acting on our behalf. These third parties include service providers. In such cases, these third parties may only use your Personal Data for the purposes described above and only in accordance with our instructions;
- We may share your Personal Data if required to do so by law or court order, for example with law enforcement agencies or other governmental agencies.
3. How long will PVH keep your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data is retained no longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which PVH collects and uses them. In principle. PVH retains your Personal Data which you submit when submitting an order or a request, until two years after your order or request is handled. After the retention period your personal data will be deleted unless the retention of Personal Data is necessary to meet legal requirements that apply to us.
4. What measures does PVH take to protect your Personal Data?
PVH has taken appropriate technical, and organizational (security) measures to protect the Personal Data it processes against accidental or unlawful processing, such as unauthorized access, disclosure, damage or loss of personal data.
5. Does PVH transfer your Personal Data to a country outside the EU?
In the context of the handling of your request, it may also be necessary for Personal Data to be transferred to third parties outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). For example, Personal Data can be transferred to group companies located outside the EEA, if PVH uses services from third parties outside the EEA, such as the hosting services of our websites, or if PVH is obliged to provide its information to foreign authorities.
It is possible that the regulations of the countries the third parties are located in provide a different level of (legal) data protection as in the EEA. PVH will take the measures based on applicable law that are necessary to ensure the lawful transfer of your Personal Data.
In most cases, such a transfer will be governed by a contract based on the standard contractual clauses for data transfer, approved by the European Commission (European Model Clauses). You can obtain a copy by submitting a request using the contact details below.
6. What rights can you exercise in relation to your Personal Data?
7. Questions and complaints