At PVH we are guided by the principle that success in business is dependent on putting “human” issues first. Indeed, we know that our company would not have grown as it has if we did not place the highest priority on making a genuine contribution to improving the quality of life and upholding the basic rights of our associates, their families and the communities in which we operate.
Statement Of Commitment To Our Associates
Our foremost concern, even in the most challenging economic climate, must be for our associates; the thousands of people who have made our company one of the most successful apparel and footwear manufacturers in the world today
For over 100 years, our credo has been:
- To conduct all business in keeping with the highest moral, ethical and legal standards.
- To recruit, train, and provide career advancement to all associates without regard to gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, or social or ethnic origin. Diversity in the workplace will be encouraged. Bigotry, racism, and sexual or any other form of harassment will not be tolerated.
- To maintain workplace environments that encourage frank and open communications.
- To be concerned with the preservation and improvement of our environment.
- To be ever mindful that our dedication to these standards is absolute—it will not be compromised. We endeavor to consider the environmental impacts of the materials used in the manufacturing and packaging our apparel, footwear and other products. Our efforts include or will include the following:
A Shared Responsibility
This commitment must be shared by the companies with which we do business.
We categorically state:
- We will not discriminate based on race, gender, religion or sexual orientation, and we will not do business with any company that does.
- We will treat our employees fairly with regard to wages, benefits and working conditions including a safe and
healthy environment and we will not do business with any company that does otherwise.
- We will never violate the legal or moral rights of employees in any way, and we will not do business with any company that does.
- We will only do business with companies who share our commitment to preserving and improving the environment.
- We will never employ children in our facilities, nor will we do business with any company that makes use of child labor. Our employees and those of our partners and vendors must be over the applicable minimum legal age
requirement, or be at least 15 years old (or 14 years old where the law of the country of manufacture allows), or
older than the age for completing compulsory education in the country of manufacture, whichever is greater.
- PVH is committed to an ongoing program of monitoring all our facilities and those of companies with whom we do
business in accordance with our code of conduct, “A Shared Commitment”. This code defines PVH standards and
values, which must be upheld in our facilities and those of our supplies, contractors and business partners.
A Commitment To People
The history of PVH, over the course of more than a century, represents a proud tradition of genuine commitment to
- An absolute commitment to and respect for the dignity of all our associates without regard to race, gender, religion or sexual orientation.
- Support for continuing education for our associates and their families.
- Charitable contributions, financial, in kind and volunteer support to the communities in which we operate.
- Loans and gifts to associates in need.
- Firm commitment to policies that support and foster family work/life balance.
- Demand that the people we do business with adhere to the same high standards which have guided our company
for more than a century.
Click here to download PDF