Tommy Hilfiger, which is distributed in over 90 countries, is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands. Tommy Hilfiger's "classic American cool" lifestyle delivers "preppy with a twist" designs that appeal to a diverse range of consumers globally, as does its accessible, premium position. Tommy Hilfiger offers a wide range of high quality apparel, accessories and lifestyle products and the brand enjoys a strong global brand awareness. We sell Tommy Hilfiger products under two principal brands (which we refer to together as the Tommy Hilfiger brands) - Tommy Hilfiger, which is targeted at the 25 to 45 year old consumer, and Hilfiger Denim, which is targeted at the 20 to 35 year old consumer.
- Tommy Hilfiger product offerings by us and our licensees include sportswear for men, women and children; footwear; athletic apparel (golf, swim and sailing); bodywear (underwear, robes and sleepwear); eyewear; sunwear; watches; handbags; men's tailored clothing; men's dress furnishings; accessories, socks, small leather goods; fragrances; home and bedding products; bathroom accessories and luggage
- The Hilfiger Denim product line consists of jeanswear and footwear for men and women; bags; accessories; eyewear and fragrance and is positioned as being more "fashion forward" and casual than the Tommy Hilfiger label
+ Click for details
We sell Tommy Hilfiger products at wholesale and retail and license the Tommy Hilfiger brands for an assortment of products in various countries and regions. Tommy Hilfiger products are sold by the Company at wholesale and retail in North America, Europe and Japan, through joint ventures in which the Company is a partner in China and India and by third party distributors, licensees and franchisees in Europe, Southeast Asia, Australia, Central & South America and the Caribbean.
The Tommy Hilfiger wholesale business consists of the distribution and sale of products under the Tommy Hilfiger brands to stores operated by franchisees and distributors, as well as retail customers. The European retail customers range from large department stores to small independent stores. Since the Fall of 2008, Tommy Hilfiger has conducted the majority of its North American wholesale operations through Macy's, which is currently the exclusive department store retailer of Tommy Hilfiger men's, women's and children's sportswear in the United States. The brand was re-launched at wholesale in Canada at the Bay for the Fall 2011 season.
The Tommy Hilfiger retail business principally consists of the distribution and sale of Tommy Hilfiger products through company-operated specialty stores and outlet stores, as well as franchise stores, in Europe, the United States, Canada and Japan, as well as company-operated multi-jurisdictional e-commerce sites.
- Tommy Hilfiger specialty stores consist of flagship stores, which are generally larger stores situated in high-profile locations in major cities and are intended to enhance local exposure of the brand, and satellite stores, which are located on high traffic retail streets and in malls in secondary cities and are based on a model that provides incremental revenue and profitability
- Company (outlet) stores in North America are primarily located in premium outlet centers and carry specially designed merchandise that is sold at a lower price point than merchandise sold in our specialty stores
- Company (outlet) stores operated by Tommy Hilfiger in Europe and Japan are used primarily to clear excess inventory from previous seasons at discounted prices
Tommy Hilfiger licenses the Tommy Hilfiger brands through 25 separate product license agreements to third parties both for specific product categories (such as fragrances, watches and eyewear) and in certain geographic regions.
Tommy Hilfiger Financial Summary
2011 SUMMARY FINANCIALS
(1) Non-GAAP financial measure. Excludes Corporate Expenses. The calculations of these amounts are set forth on Appendix A on the Legal page of this site.